Monday 17 December 2012

Investigating shutter speeds

Inspired by Tom Jenkins and decided to stick to a sport themed experimentation... i.e. I used a tennis ball. I wanted to see how different shutter speeds affected the outcome when attempting to take the same picture. So I cracked open my tripod and these are the results (I warn you...they are not very good!)...



                                    SS: 1/4000 F:3.5                              SS: 1/1000 F:3.5




                                      SS: 1/250 F:3.5                                SS: 1/60 F:3.5




                                    SS: 1/4 F:3.5                                    SS: 1'' F:18

 My conclusion from this very unscientific experiment are what I expected them to be. I was however interested to see little difference between the 1/4000 and 1/1000. I concluded that to see a difference the subject must be moving faster that the average tennis ball under the influence of gravity...

No comments:

Post a Comment