Wednesday 29 May 2013

Field of View Shoot!

I went out to experiment with field of view and how it affects the image. I found that when you increase the focal length, you lose some of the 'stuff' in the frame however in some cases that works and the final image is better and sometimes it doesn't...Here is some of the shoot with explanations as to which I prefer...

 
                  14mm                                         19mm                                       26mm

                                             36mm                                       42mm

From this set my favourite is the photograph at 26mm because I feel that there is a good sense of depth/distance however the car on the left of the focal lengths 14mm and 19mm is distracting so the 26mm photograph is a good balance...I would however crop it ever so slightly to remove the wheel.

                    14mm                                         18mm                                       25mm

                                           36mm                                       42mm

From this set my favourite is the photograph at 18mm because at 14mm you lose the subject (cone and plastic fence). Again with the other three photographs you lose the background (especially in the 42mm photograph). However the bus in the 18mm really annoys me..i have no idea why it frustrates me so but I think it might be because it is taking away from the subject. 

                                       15mm                                               18mm

                                       25mm                                                36mm

                                                                    42mm

Again, my favourite is the photograph at 25mm because I feel that with the 14mm and 18mm image there is too much pavement and with the latter two the depth perception is lost.

                                       14mm                                                18mm

                                      26mm                                                   36mm

                                                                     42mm

From this set my favourite is the photograph at 18mm because I think the fact that the bike is in the middle of the image and there seems to be a split across the middle of the image between the pavement and the grass and I think it works. The 14mm is too distracting and the other three are 'too green' (too much grass).

No comments:

Post a Comment