Saturday 4 May 2013

Being Abstract!

Creating abstract and interesting photographs isn't easy howver one technique I thuroughly enjoy using is the use of a wide angle lens (WAL). Using a WAL distrorts our depth of perception and messes with the perspective of the photograph therefore provides a more interesting and thought-provoking composition. The entire 'mood' of the image changes just because of the use of a WAL and a change in viewpoint. Here are some of the photographs from this shoot...what I did was do a before and after thing so i can compare the two...

                                            BEFORE                                       AFTER


What I love about this set is the fact in the first one you can tell its a cone whereas in the second because of a combination of the unusual birds-eye view and the WAL it appears to be a cylinder! MIND=BLOWN!!!


As you can see here the composition seems to be pretty standard and lets face it...BORING! However with a little outside-of-the-box thinking you can make the line converge which produced a more intresting image.



 This set is a perfect example of how in using the same composition and making it abstract can completely change the image...I dislike the first one... I feel there is no life in it..u'know its just a lampost with a wall and trees in the background...whereas the second has a more intuging and I feel it has personality...also I like the fact there is nothing buy sky in the background (the background in the first one was just distracting)


I really dislike the first image, it's so clumsy and pointless! However I really like the second image because of    angle of view the WAL provides. It gives the photograph 'layers' and the shallow depth of field just tops it off for me really.


This works well I think becasue in the second image you cannot really tell what the word is you can only really make out the first 4 letters so I feel it gets you thinking and if you are as stubburn as me you will not take your eye off of the photograph until you figure it it just says 'Reception>' XD !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment