Friday 16 November 2012

Exposure Issues!

With slow shutter speeds, because the the shutter is left open for a longer period of time, a lot more light is let in than with a fast shutter speed because the shutter is left open for only about 1/1000th of a second!!! This means that with slow shutter speeds it is easy for the photograph to become overexposed (Figure 1) and it's easy for fast shutter speeds to leave the photograph underexposed (Figure 2)...


Figure 1
Figure 2
To fix this problem  you can just amend the shutter speed accordingly. However I found that if i specifically want that shutter speed (e.g. when photographing something in motion, I use a slow shutter speed to capture the entire motion or I use a fast shutter speed to photograph something in motion at a particular position) I would just adjust the aperture or the ISO instead. As you can see, I have solved my exposure issues...


Figure 3

No comments:

Post a Comment