Tuesday 23 October 2012

TEST SHOOT!



We went out on Friday where we experimented with depth of field. I found that i enjoyed trying different apertures with different subjects and scenes. I also started to experiment with black and white and colour to see what would and what wouldn't work. 
Also, my initial idea for my brief is architecture so I also incorporated some research into the test shoot! Here are some of the pictures from Friday....
This caught my eye because of the shadow of the adjacent building.
This picture in itself isn't extraordinary however it was very intriguing at the time!
I then tried it in B&W but I found I preferred the colour version!
With this photo, I love how bold the colour of the building is...
what is that salmon or peach or something!!!
This was part of the football exhibition we attended...I really
 love this photo because the DofF is so shallow that you can
no longer see the lights in the background...they're just dots of light.
I took this photo in order to contrast the small aperture to the larger aperture...
I took this photo with an aperture of '22'
I'm not entirely sure but I believe I took this photo with  a 8.0 f/stop.
Final photograph in the series...very shallow depth
of field compared to the first one. An f/stop of 3.5.
Again, I took this photo in order to contrast the shallow and deep depth of field. This one is deep...
...and this one is shallow!
I really like this photo...shame about the vehicles in the foreground.
Also I think it is slightly overexposed. Something I'll have to watch
out for on sunny days.
In terms of distracting vehicles, this photo is better than the
previous photo...however  I prefer  the 1x1 dimensions.

In this photo i tried to give more perspective and the B&W 
adds drama!

No comments:

Post a Comment